Just another mama with an obsession with beauty products!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Zoya Yasmeen, Valerie, Roxy, and Deborah Lippmann Razzle Dazzle




If there's one color I feel I own too much of, it's surprisingly pinkish blackened purples. I just can't stay away from them. I think it's because that's the shade I went to when I first started branching away from basic reds and pinks with my polish selections. It was almost purple, but not so much that I didn't feel comfortable with it.
Anyway, I have so many of these, and I love them all! Zoya, especially, really knows how to do this color right. I decided I had to compare them once and for all - in my mind, Zoya's Yasmeen, Roxy, and Valerie were basically the same shade but with different finishes, and I knew Deborah Lippmann's Razzle Dazzle reminded me of Zoya's Roxy. Have you always been curious about how close these polishes may be?



Here they are, in order, after one coat of each (left to right: Zoya Yasmeen, Zoya Valerie, Zoya Roxy, Lippmann Razzle Dazzle).




I wasn't surprised with the more sheer first coat of Razzle Dazzle - almost all of Lippmann's polishes are buildable jelly shades. Look at Valerie - that girl is making a statement in one coat, isn't she? Already, I can see that my thoughts may have been wrong about the closeness in color of the three Zoya shades.

Here they are again after two coats each:


After another coat, Valerie gets a little more intense but Yasmeen really starts to look like her little sister with a second coat on. The finishes are still different, but Yasmeen starts to pick up that darker purple tone that Valerie carries.

Razzle Dazzle may be a touch more red than Roxy, but not by much!

Take a look at them from another angle (left to right: Razzle Dazzle, Roxy, Valerie, Yasmeen).
Here are some comparison shots of the two groups of "cousins" below.

Roxy and Razzle Dazzle - pretty close, right?



Here's one with Valerie thrown in - Roxy and Razzle Dazzle may be sisters but aren't close at all to the vampier Valerie.


Here are Valerie and Yasmeen together (Val on top, Yas on bottom):

And here they are again, Yasmeen on left, Valerie on right:

And again, below. They aren't sisters, but maybe first cousins. Pretty cousins!

3 comments:

omnoom said...

Thank you for this review!

KP said...

I had a feeling Roxy and Razzle Dazzle would be really similar. They're even named for the same thing.

Impoverished by Polish said...

Thanks so much for this comparison-I had a feeling Roxy was close to Razzle Dazzle when I saw it, but you confirmed it. :)