Just another mama with an obsession with beauty products!

Monday, October 24, 2011

China Glaze Little Drummer Boy (Holiday 2010)



Even with new holiday collections coming out already, I felt like I should give a polish from last year some love. Who says we should only break these out once a year, anyway? Especially this shade - with the denim-y blue polishes coming out from Chanel and Nubar, this one still feels so current to me! 

 Little Drummer Boy is from China Glaze's 2010 Holiday Collection, and this one really stood out to me from the others - a dark, shimmery navy. How pretty, and not that traditional for the holidays! It's bold without being in your face at all - it's deep and somewhat muted. Want to see what I am talking about? Keep Reading!

Here's one from farther away - I like to include these because, while macro shots are awesome, I personally like to see swatches from a distance as well since most people won't be checking out my polish up close.

One closer, in natural light indoors.  Deep and twisty.


Here's one in direct sunlight - awesome!  It looks so alive and awake, and still so fall!  Like it's waiting for the sun to peek through the winter clouds before it really shines.


What do you think of this holiday shade?  Do you like the pretty, rich blue, or do you prefer to stick to more traditional reds, greens, and golds?

No comments: